Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale dell’Abruzzo e del Molise “G. Caporale” (IZSAM) is a public health body belonging to the Italian National Health System, providing scientific and technical support to the National and Regional Governments in veterinary public health and promoting an integrated approach to the system of animal health and welfare and food safety. IZSAM mission is to ensure human health protection, providing citizens and the National Health System with appropriate response to public health needs, through scientific knowledge and expertise on food safety, animal health and welfare, control and prevention of transmittable animal diseases, including zoonoses, support to food production.
On the basis of the acquired experience, the World Health Organization (WHO), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) have assigned the Institute the role of Collaboration Centre and Reference Laboratory in specific spheres of activity:
- OIE Collaborating Centre for Veterinary Training, Epidemiology, Food Safety and Animal Welfare
- OIE Reference Laboratory for Brucellosis
- OIE Reference Laboratory for Contagious Bovine Pleuropneumonia
- OIE Reference Laboratory for Bluetongue
- OIE Reference Laboratory for West Nile Fever
- FAO Reference Centre for Veterinary Epidemiology
IZSAM has a certified Quality Management System according to ISO 17025, while IZSAM Training Unit has a certified Quality Management System according to ISO 9001:2000 standard.
Scotland’s Rural College
Università degli Studi di Milano