The training course on “Animal welfare in broiler production” will allow participants to achieve the necessary skills to:
- interpret relevant EU legislation;
- apply scientific basis for proper housing, management, handling and transport (loading phase);
- assess the existing farming systems in relation to compliance with the current EU legislation;
- monitor animal welfare outcomes throughout practical experience at farm;
- carry out efficient inspections at farm level, including practical guidance on how to verify compliance of the farming systems with the EU legislation (for example, how to verify the stocking density and how to calculate mortality rates in broilers);
- set up and monitor data collection systems for broiler at slaughterhouses;
- promote a strong cooperation among stakeholders for improving the welfare conditions of broilers at farm.
Official veterinarians belonging to NCAs of EU MSs, EFTA, Candidate and Third Countries, involved in official controls on animal welfare aspects concerning the farming of broilers; development of good practices to improve the application of European norms and international standards.
Please find at this link the 2015-2016 training calendar.