The training course on “Animal welfare in killing for disease control” will allow participants to:
- have appropriate knowledge of EU regulations and international standards on animal welfare at the time of killing for disease control purposes;
- be aware of the necessity to include AW standards in the management of epidemic and non-epidemic emergencies;
- be aware of the risk analysis value to manage massive killing;
- know how to integrate Animal Welfare policies into emergency preparedness plans;
- have an up to date knowledge of the most effective stunning and killing methods for disease control purposes as concerns poultry, pigs, cattle and small ruminants;
- have appropriate knowledge to assess the effectiveness of animal handling, stunning and killing both form AW and biosecurity perspective;
- know how to communicate effectively on killing in disease control situations.
Public Veterinary Officers belonging to the NCAs of EU MSs, EFTA, Candidate and Third Countries, involved in official controls on Animal Welfare aspects during killing for disease control operations; development of good practices to improve the implementation of EU legislation and/or international standards (where appropriate).
Please find at this link the 2015-2016 training calendar.