Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale dell’Abruzzo e del Molise “G. Caporale” is a public entity aiming at fisical, mental and social welfare of human beings, through the development and application of veterinary sciences. The Institute provides scientific and technical support to the National and Regional Governments in veterinary public health, promoting an integrated approach to the system of animal health and welfare and food safety.
On the basis of the acquired experience, the World Health Organization (WHO), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) have assigned the Institute the role of Collaboration Centre and Reference Laboratory in specific spheres of activity:
- Collaborating Centre for Veterinary Training, Epidemiology, Food Safety and Animal Welfare
- Reference Laboratory for Brucellosis
- Reference Laboratory for Contagious Bovine Pleuropneumonia
- Reference Laboratory for Bluetongue
- Reference Laboratory for West Nile Disease
IZSAM has a certified Quality Management System according to ISO 17025, while IZSAM Training Unit has a certified Quality Management System according to ISO 9001:2000 standard.
Scotland’s Rural College
Università degli Studi di Milano